Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Epilogue

EPILOGUE
After we left the hostel, we drove to Ashville where we stayed at a hotel with an indoor pool and a hot tub.  I retrieved my bottle of appletinis from my tote bag and drank them over ice while sitting in the hot tub.  Then we went into downtown Ashville and ate dinner at Rosetta's, a vegetarian restaurant.  Nothing we ate had been dehydrated.  The next day we drove back to Roanoke and dropped Janet off.  It was Easter Sunday.  We arrived back at Richmond around 5 p.m.  My family was happy to see me.    

Wednesday, April 27, 2011
My knees and my lower back hurt.  I miss Jenni, AK and Janet.  Things are exactly the same at work.  On the plus side, I will never take indoor plumbing for granted again.  And I can’t wait for our family trip to Italy in June.  We plan to do some hiking along the Amalfi Coast, but these will be day hikes.  At night we will eat real food and sleep in real beds. 

I’m not planning any more long hikes any time soon, but when I do, they will be in Virginia. And I'm taking Billy with me.